History

We are an Elim ‘Foursquare Gospel Alliance’ church, originally founded in April 1948 following a crusade led by the late Elim evangelist and healing revivalist Rev. John Woodhead. The church was born in a heady atmosphere of salvation, miraculous healings and people being filled with the Holy Spirit, a genetic make-up still very much a part of who we are today. Originally based in rooms just around the corner from the present Newquay site, we moved to our current purpose-built location in 1965, bought the Wesley Campus in 2010.

In 1994, (two years after being called to NCC), Senior Pastor Mike Robins was dramatically challenged by the Holy Spirit concerning the vision and direction of the church. We collectively moved into a fresh dynamic of the Holy Spirit, emerging as a radically different people. We had a renewed vision, not only of who we were, but of where we were going. It was clear that we were never going to be the same again; a church with a fresh mandate to play our part in fulfilling the dream of Jesus!
 
Since then, by His grace, we have seen God do things we could previously only have dreamed of. We have grown ten-fold in size, are continuing to grow, and find ourselves engaging with our community at every level imaginable and in every way possible. On top of it all, we know that ‘the best is yet to be…!’ and to say that we are excited is something of an understatement!